TemperaturePro AC & Heating recommends following these CPS Energy tips. Taking actions like these during hot weather helps conserve energy and saves you money on your utility bill:
- Set your thermostat at 78 degrees or higher. Bump it up a little more if you are leaving home. Familiarize yourself with the 20 degree differential between outside and inside termperature. Maintain your air conditioning unit with seasonal tune ups and change filters monthly during the hot summer months.
- Use fans & point them in your direction to feel 4-6 degrees cooler. Set ceiling fans to run counter-clockwise.
- Lower window shades and blinds when they are in direct sunlight.
- Avoid using large appliances like ovens and clothes dryer. Grill & line dry when you can.
- Unplug appliances and electronics when you are not using them. When the wire is connected to the outlet it consumes energy, even if the appliance or device is turned off.
Learn More – https://www.cpsenergy.com/content/corporate/en/my-home/savenow/energy-saving–tips.html